About 511 - Phone Features
Just dial 5-1-1 and say "Traffic," "Public Transportation," "Ridesharing," "Bicycling," or "more choices" to get started. The interactive speech recognition system allows you to find what you need without ever having to press a button. Find out more about the 511 Phone service, including tips and tricks.
Call 511 and say "Traffic" to get information about travel conditions on Bay Area freeways. Then try any of the following:
- Say "Driving Times" for current travel times between any two cities along Bay Area highways.
- Say "Traffic Conditions" to get incident and congestion information for your route.
- Say "Freeway Assist" to get non-emergency freeway assistance.
- You can also ask for "Airports" or "FasTrak®."
Call 511 and say "Public Transportation" for routes, schedules and fares for more than 60 public transit and paratransit agencies. Then, use these helpful commands:
- Say "Transit Agencies" to be transferred to a transit agency’s customer service center.
- Say "Departure Times" to hear current departure time predictions for trains and buses.
- You can also ask for "Clipper®," "Paratransit," "Commuter Incentives," "Airports," or the "All Nighter" service.
Call 511 and say "Ridesharing" to speak to an operator — in English or other languages — about carpooling, vanpooling, HOV lanes, park-and-ride lots, and more.
Call 511 and say "Bicycling" to talk to an operator — in English or other languages — who can help with any bicycling information you need.
MY 511 is a free, personalized service on the phone
and web that allows you to build your own 511.org
home page or bypass phone menu options to get to
your customized trip information even FASTER. To start, register at MY511.org.