The Alameda-Contra Costa Transit District is better known as AC Transit. AC Transit serves 13 cities and adjacent unincorporated areas in the East Bay from Richmond to Fremont, and operates 138 local bus lines within the East Bay and 31 Transbay bus lines across the bridges to San Francisco and the Peninsula. AC Transit buses connect with nine other public and private transit systems, 21 BART stations, six Amtrak stations, and three ferry terminals. It is the third largest all-bus system in California.
There are 38 Transit Centers that serve AC Transit.
- 12th Street Oakland City Center BART Station
- 19th Street Oakland BART Station/Uptown Transit Center
- Ashby BART Station
- Bay Fair BART Station
- Castro Valley BART Station
- Civic Center/UN Plaza BART Station
- Coliseum BART Station
- Contra Costa College Transit Center
- Downtown Berkeley BART Station
- Eastmont Transit Center
- El Cerrito del Norte BART Station
- El Cerrito Plaza BART Station
- Fremont BART Station
- Fruitvale BART Station
- Great Mall/Main Transit Center
- Hayward BART Station
- Hillsdale Caltrain Station
- Jack London Square
- Lake Merritt BART Station
- MacArthur BART Station
- Milpitas Transit Center
- Montgomery BART Station
- North Berkeley BART Station
- Oakland International Airport (OAK)
- Palo Alto Transit Center
- Powell BART Station
- Richmond Amtrak/BART Stations
- Richmond Parkway Transit Center
- Rockridge BART Station
- Salesforce Transit Center
- San Leandro BART Station
- South Hayward BART Station
- Tewksbury Turnaround
- Transbay Temporary Terminal
- Union City BART Station
- Union Landing Transit Center
- Warm Springs/South Fremont BART Station
- West Oakland BART Station
Transit Accessibility Services
Passenger lifts and bike racks are available on all AC Transit bus routes.
RTC Regional Discount Card
RTC Processing Location
Customer Services: 1600 Franklin Street, Oakland, CA 94612
Phone: (510) 891-4777; TDD 711 through the California Relay Service
Application accepted Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm -5:00 pm; excluding holidays
Note: Before visiting a transit agency office, call to verify hours of operation and payment options.
TTY Users: You can contact any telephone number through the California Relay Service at 711.
AllNighter Service Routes
- 1T – Oakland-San Leandro*
- 800 - San Francisco-Richmond*
- 801 - San Leandro-Fremont*
- 802 - Oakland-Berkeley*
- 805 - Downtown Oakland-Oakland Airport*
- 840 - Oakland-Eastmont*
- 851 - Alameda-Downtown Berkeley*
511 Phone Service
From the Main Menu, use a shortcut to go directly to AC Transit by saying: "AC Transit"
From inside the Transit Agency menu, you can say any of the following agencies. If you want to use the touch-tone options, press the number "10" for AC Transit.
From inside the Paratransit Agency menu, you can say any of the following agencies. If you want to use the touch-tone options, press the number "10" for East Bay Paratransit.
Clipper is currently accepted on Muni, BART, AC Transit, VTA, SamTrans, Caltrain and Golden Gate Transit and Ferry, and will eventually be accepted on all forms of Bay Area public transit. For information on using Clipper, please visit https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/actransit/index.do.