San Mateo County Transit District provides SamTrans bus service throughout San Mateo County and into parts of San Francisco and Palo Alto. The transit district also offers Redi-Wheels paratransit service for persons with disabilities who are unable to ride SamTrans.
There are 23 Transit Centers that serve SamTrans.
- Bayshore Caltrain Station
- Belmont Caltrain Station
- Burlingame Caltrain Station
- Civic Center/UN Plaza BART Station
- Colma BART Station
- Daly City BART Station
- Embarcadero BART Station
- Hayward Park Caltrain Station
- Hillsdale Caltrain Station
- Menlo Park Caltrain Station
- Millbrae Transit Center
- Montgomery BART Station
- Palo Alto Transit Center
- Powell BART Station
- Redwood City Caltrain Station
- Salesforce Transit Center
- San Bruno BART Station
- San Bruno Caltrain Station
- San Carlos Caltrain Station
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- San Mateo Transit Center
- South San Francisco BART Station
- South San Francisco Caltrain Station
RTC Regional Discount Card
RTC Processing Location
Customer Services: 1250 San Carlos Avenue, San Carlos, CA 94070-1306
Phone: (800) 660-4287; TTY (650) 508-6448
Applications accepted Tuesday and Thursday, 9 am to 4 pm
Note: Before visiting a transit agency office, call to verify hours of operation and payment options.
TTY Users: You can contact any telephone number through the California Relay Service at 711.
AllNighter Service Routes
- 397 - Palo Alto-San Francisco*
- ECR - Mission/Wellington (Daly City)-SFO
511 Phone Service
From the Main Menu, use a shortcut to go directly to SamTrans by saying: "SamTrans"
From inside the Transit Agency menu, you can say any of the following agencies. If you want to use the touch-tone options, press the number "14" for SamTrans.
From inside the Paratransit Agency menu, you can say any of the following agencies. If you want to use the touch-tone options, press the number "13" for Redi-Wheels Paratransit or press number "22" for Redicoast Paratransit.
Clipper is currently accepted on Muni, BART, AC Transit, VTA, SamTrans, Caltrain and Golden Gate Transit and Ferry, and will eventually be accepted on all forms of Bay Area public transit. For information on using Clipper, please visit https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/samtrans/index.do