Applications for the RTC Discount ID Card are accepted at San Francisco Bay Area transit agency locations and forwarded to a central processing office, where application information is verified. Qualified applicants are then mailed the new RTC card.
For specific fare information in your area, contact your local transit system. View RTC processing locations and hours of operation.
Apply for an RTC Discount ID Card at your local transit agency. Note the hours of operation of the agency before you go.
When applying for a Discount ID Card:
- Complete an application form for either “Basic” or “Medical” eligibility
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Present valid government issued photo identification - such as a current California driver’s license, California Identification Card, U.S. passport, Alien Registration Card, U.S. Military Identification Card or Military Dependent Card.
- Pay the appropriate fee:
- $3.00 new, renewal, or visitor
- $5.00 replacement
- Fees are non-refundable.
- For “Basic” eligibility, you must also bring the applicable documentation listed on the form.
- Your photo will be taken at the transit agency where you submit your application.
When you receive your RTC Discount ID card, you will be immediately eligible for reduced fares on all participating transit systems. No additional proof of eligibility is required, but you must show the Discount ID Card at the time you pay the fare.