Applications for the RTC Discount ID Card are accepted at San Francisco Bay Area transit agency locations. Applications are forwarded to a verifier and reviewed for completeness of the application, supporting documentation (dependent on application and eligibility type) and signatures. Qualified applicants are mailed an RTC card, usually within 21 days.
View RTC processing locations and hours of operation.
Steps to apply for the RTC card:
- Complete an application using either the “Basic” or “Medical” eligibility form.
- Present valid government issued photo identification - such as a current California driver’s license, California Identification Card, U.S. passport, Alien Registration Card, U.S. Military Identification Card or Military Dependent Card.
- For “Basic” eligibility, you must also bring the applicable documentation listed on the form.
- Your photo will be taken at the transit agency where you submit your application.
When you receive your RTC Discount ID card, you can us it for reduced fares on all participating transit systems. You must carry your RTC card, but can use it two ways:
- Pay with Clipper after adding cash value or passes to your card. Learn more at Clippercard.com.
- Pay with cash and verify your eligibility with the RTC card.