Crossing the San Francisco Bay on Interstate 580, the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge carries vehicular traffic and connects Contra Costa and Marin counties.
See more Richmond-San Rafael Bridge facts on the Metropolitan Transportation Commission website.
The Bay Area Toll Authority (BATA) collects tolls on the seven state-owned toll bridges in the Bay Area. All seven of the Bay Area’s state owned bridges have permanently transition to all-electronic tolling. You can use either FasTrak to pay your toll, or set up a License Plate Account. Automated, high-speed cameras will capture images of customers’ license plates, and the FasTrak customer service center will process the images and then mail an invoice each month to the address at which the vehicle is registered with the DMV. For more information about FasTrak or setting up a License Plate Account, visit bayareafastrak.org or call 877-BAY-TOLL.
Bridge Toll: Westbound on I-580
- FasTrak: $7.00
- License Plate Account: $7.00
- One-Time Payment: $7.00
- Invoice: $7.00
- When: All Days, All Hours
Carpool Discount Toll*
- MON-FRI, 5:00AM - 10:00AM and 3:00PM - 7:00PM
*In order to qualify for the carpool rate, you must meet the carpool occupancy requirements, use designated carpool lanes and pay the toll with FasTrak.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Access
- Pedestrian Accessible
- Bicycle Accessible
- Golden Gate Transit
- Take Golden Gate Transit Route 40 to travel across the Richmond-San Rafael Bridge. Click here for information on taking your bike on Golden Gate Transit.
- Closures of the Richmond-San Rafael bike & pedestrian path can be found on our Construction & Event Info alerts page.